Chocolate Dipped Strawberries






 
I said in my last post that nothing says Valentine's Day like a Red Velvet Cupcake.  Well, I think that's not the truth.  I think it's a Chocolate Dipped Strawberry.  Now why would you go and spend two dollars apiece when you can make them yourself and they are so easy and fun you will wonder why you didn't do it before.  I have to say this is one of my all time favorites right next to lobster.  I know it's not in the same category, just sayin.  Happy Valentines Day!

Strawberries

16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 T. shortening
1 lb. strawberries with greens
waxed paper

Rinse and totally dry strawberries.

Melt chocolate chips and shortening at 15 second intervals in microwave.  Stirring in between cycles.  Do not make chocolate too hot.  Stir until smooth.

Hold strawberries gently by stems and dip in chocolate and then set on waxed paper to cool and harden.  This doesn't take long at all.  You can garnish if you want with melted white chocolate chips.


 

Comments