For Old Time Sake (The Elvis Cupcake)


This post is for my sister-in-law Sharon
 in honor of her King.  The Elvis Cupcake.

I think my sister-in-law is even a bigger fan than I ever was for the King of Rock N' Roll.  Even though Dick and I always went to Vegas every February and August for quite a few years to see Elvis, sat in the front row, Elvis sang just to me, got a kiss, handshake for Dick, big fans, but Sharon's love has out weighed time.  I remembered I still had this picture from my old website when my SugarRush Cupcake business was still open and thought I would post it in memory of this sad day in time (August 16, l977).  Before you get all misty eyed we know he's in a better place, so if your a fan put a smile on that face.  How many times have we heard about Elvis' fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches that he used to eat so I had a cupcake in honor of that.  This is a banana cupcake topped with fluffy peanut butter buttercream and a chocolate drizzle.  I'm sure he would have loved it.  Here's to you Sharon.

The Elvis

1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves

Blend sugar and butter, add eggs and blend.  Add sour cream, bananas and vanilla.  whisk flour, soda, salt and spices and mix in until blended.  Do not over mix.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  Makes around 18.

Peanut Butter Buttercream

1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons whole milk

Blend butter and peanut butter with mixer.  Gradually add in powdered sugar and milk.  Beat for a couple of minutes or until creamy and fluffy.

For the chocolate drizzle you can use chocolate melts, chocolate bark or chocolate chips and just microwave until melted.  Stir until smooth and COOL, (you don't want to melt the frosting), then drizzle on frosted cupcakes. 

Comments