Red White And Blue Salad



Ahhh July, my favorite month of the year. You can make such simple salads and sides for your meals that are so healthy and delicious this time of the year. There are only four ingredients in this side dish and they blend so well together and taste much better than just a bowl of plain fruit. I think the mint is a key ingredient to this side. I wasn't sure if I would like it but I really did and it is so refreshing. We have mint growing in the yard but I usually use it just for drinks.

This is best if made in individual servings because the watermelon gives off too much juice for a big bowl and of course fruit is always better if it is served very cold.

Ingredients: (per serving)
1 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
crumbles of feta cheese (as much as you like)
fresh mint finely chopped (as much as you like)

Place watermelon in dish and sprinkle with blueberries, feta cheese, and mint.




Comments