Taco Quesadilla Pizza
I'm always looking for a different slant on Mexican dishes. It's one of my favorite foods. This dish we really liked and you can spice it up as much as you like. You think one eight inch quesadilla each doesn't seem like a lot but we were stuffed. I served it with a garnish of guacamole and sour cream and also some ice cold watermelon. I will definitely make this again.
1/2 pound ground beef, season with s&p, garlic powder and onion powder, (you can also season the meat with taco seasoning if you want more of a kick)
4 medium (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup refried beans
salsa, to your taste
1 tomato, diced or cherry tomatoes, quartered
sliced black olives, to your taste
4 green onions, sliced
1. Brown meat in pan on medium heat, drain any grease in the pan. If you add any taco seasoning you will need to add 1/4 cup water and simmer till almost all the liquid is gone, about 5 minutes or so.
2. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese evenly over two tortillas followed by the browned meat and the salsa.
3. Spread the refried beans over the remaining two tortillas and place them on top of the meat covered ones with the bean side down.
4. Place one of the taco quesadillas in a large pan and grill it over medium heat until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are lightly golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side.
5. Place the taco quesadilla on a large baking sheet and then repeat for the remaining taco quesadilla.
6. Spread more salsa over the tops of the taco quesadilla, sprinkle on the cheese, black olives and green onions.
7. Broil in a preheated oven until the cheese on top has melted. about 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on them so they do not burn)
8. Top with tomatoes.
9. Cut in to quarters with a pizza cutter and pig out.
This recipe is adapted from Closet Cooking.