1 cup chopped onions
1 cup diced celery
3 cups diced potatoes
3 - 6.5 oz. cans minced clams (I used Snow's) and the juice.
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 dash pepper
1 quart half-and-half (can use low fat or fat free and it works well but I didn't)
1. Chop onions, potatoes and celery and put in small sauce pan.
2. Drain juice from clams and pour over vegetables in small sauce pan; simmer over medium heat until barely tender.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, melt butter in large pot, add flour and blend; cook, stirring constantly.
4. Add half & half and cook and stir with wire whisk until smooth and thick.
5. Add UNDRAINED vegetables, clams and heat through.
6. Season to taste.