Fresh Cherry Brownies




UPDATE 7/15/23: Its cherry season down here is southern Utah so I decided to make this recipe a little easier and use a box mix. I used Pillsbury Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix which I love. A little secret is, It's just as good.  I followed the directions on the box, 8X8 glass dish, and added the 1 cup of fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half.  Sooo good, but then I'm a chocolate cherry kind of person. Some posts just need repeating.
Enjoy!
________________________________
Fresh Cherries, yum. I'm having a craving for them this year so you may see several fresh sweet cherry recipes in the near future on this blog. The darker they are the sweeter they are and to me there is nothing like the cherry chocolate combo. The fresh cherries are a big added plus and make the brownies all that more moist. This is a great little recipe for an 8x8 pan but if you want a larger quantity just double the recipe for a 9x13 pan and adjust the time. If you like brownies you will definitely love these.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 Hershey's cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh cherries, washed, pitted & quartered

Directions
Cream butter & sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light & fluffy. Add flour, cocoa and salt. Mix until combined. Add cherries and mix until just combined.

Spray pan with cooking spray. Spoon into 8x8 pan or glass baking dish. Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the brownies will dry out. Maybe check them a little before 25 minutes to see where they are at because every oven is different and it even makes a difference if you use a glass or metal pan.  Cool totally before cutting and serving.



I use my trusty cherry pitter. If you don't have one just
 cut the cherries in half and pick out the pit. 



Twinners! I wonder if this means something for my family, extended included, hmmmmm.
 Oh update, as I was making another recipe I found another set of twins in the same box. 



Comments