This is the best recipe for flour tortillas. No lard or shortening or baking powder so it makes it a little healthier if it can when white flour is in the mix. I called them rustic because my edges were not perfectly smooth when I rolled them out so I just left them. Tastes the same right. You can use a pizza cutter if you want to smooth the edges.
3 cups white flour
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
extra flour as needed when rolling out
1. Combine the first four ingredients well. Make a large ball. If dough is to dry and a tablespoon at a time of water to make the ball come together.
2. Form small balls from the dough.
3. Roll them out one by one on lightly floured surface. After a couple of rolls with the rolling pin flip dough over and roll again, then repeat. You want them as thin as you can, almost paper thin otherwise they are thick and leathery.
4. Cook on a hot non-stick pan about 30 seconds on each side one at a time.
5. Pile them in a kitchen towel. You can let them cool or keep them warm. If they cool and you want them warm you can always nuke them in the microwave for 10 seconds. This will make them soft and warm.
The number of tortillas you get depends on the size you make the balls. What ever floats your boat.