Double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
If you are a chocolate lover than this cake is for you. If double chocolate isn't your thing you could sift a little powdered sugar on it instead of the frosting and it would look magnificent. I'm thinking this cake would also be good with a big scoop of ice cream on the side weather you have the frosting on it or not.
Ingredients for Cake:
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups grated zucchini (packed)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Directions for Cake:
1. Spray bundt pan
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs together until creamy.
3. Add in vanilla, and mix until well combined.
4. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together. Whisk just to blend everything together.
5. Add flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix well.
6. Slowly mix in the milk until well combined.
7. Stir in grated zucchini and mix well.
8. Pour into bundt pan.
9. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
10. Cool cake for 10 minutes or so and then turn out on to plate to cool the rest of the way.
1 stick butter, melted
2/3 cup cocoa
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
With mixer blend together melted butter and cocoa. Alternate adding in some powdered sugar then a little milk then repeat until all powdered sugar and milk are mixed in and well blended. Add vanilla.
Frost cake once cake has cooled. Makes 2 cups frosting.