Loaded Carrot Cake




I've been wanting to put a Carrot Cake recipe on my blog for a while now and thought the time was right. I'm already thinking of Spring and Easter and it's Mr. B's birthday tomorrow so I'm killing two birds with one stone.




This is a fully loaded Carrot Cake which means carrots of course, and coconut, pineapple, and chopped pecans sprinkled around the top of this fabulous cream cheese frosting. I cheated a little with the pecans I used because I keep a frozen stash of my cinnamon sugared pecans for salads and thought that sounded good for this cake instead of plain so I chopped them up, sprinkled them around the edge of the frosting, it was a great choice. Every little addition always helps in a recipe to enhance layers of flavor. This cake is a winner.




Ingredients
3 eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk ( I didn't have buttermilk so I used sour milk)
3/4 cup canola oil
1  1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple with the juice
Pecans for a sprinkle on the frosting

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Parchment paper for the bottoms of 8 inch cake pans and a spray around the sides. I used three pans you can also use two.

In your mixer bowl blend the eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla.

Add in the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon and blend.

Add carrots, coconut, and crushed pineapple with juice.

Pour batter into prepared 8 inch pans and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or more. Because I used three pans mine were done in 25 min. If you only have two layers it will probably take a little longer. Always test your cake before removing from the oven.

Cool cake in pans and then invert onto cake platter and frost.


Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8oz.) package cream cheese
3/4 cup butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

In mixing bowl cream together the creese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually add in powdered sugar, one cup at a time and beat until creamy.


cake recipe from norinesnest.com
frosting recipe is mine, SugarRushBaking

Comments

Stacie said…
Oh Yum!!!! Carrot cake is one of my very favorites (just behind sugar cookies). This looks divine!!!! Call me next time you make one and I'll be your tester :)

I'm not sure I could make this - it looks too professional :)

xoxoxo
Stacie said…
PS - Happy Birthday Mr. B!!!! xoxoxoxo