PEACH SALSA



I do love Peaches! They are so sweet and juicy and that's why I have two peach trees in my back yard. I am sad to say the older peach tree was affected by a late cold snap this year and I only see a couple of peaches left for this year. Can't complain as last year I stopped counting at 150 peaches. That was even after thinning out the tree.

So it's way to early for peach season here but Good old Harmon's helped me out. When I turned the corner to go into the produce department ta da my heart sang, PEACHES. As you can see in the picture I ended up with white meat peaches and yellow meat and I don't know how that happened. Anyway the white meat was really sweeter, nice. This salsa is always a hit with the family!





INGREDIENTS:

2 cups peaches
2 cups Roma tomatoes
juice of 1/2 of a lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 green onions, small sliced
1/4 quarter of a medium size RED bell pepper, chopped
1/4 of a spiced pepper, get one from mild to hot depending on what you like, can be Anaheim to jalapeƱo, chopped. Don't forget to take the seeds out.
sprinkle salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, small chopped (optional)

Peel and chop peaches. Chop and seed tomatoes. Add lime juice and stir.

Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Chill and serve.





Comments

Stacie said…
We have a peach tree as well. I'll have to try this.